4.4K views
1.7

I called Liberty Healthshare in march. I figured I needed Health coverage for the next 6 years as I don't have any now and I will be 65 in 6 years.

I don't drink or smoke and I am not over weight. Being healthy for the past ten years I just wanted coverage for the next few years before ssi takes over. Having been a Christian most of my life knowing I didn't want Obama care and heard the ads on the great plans medishare offered I checked the intrnet and found Liberty Healthshare so and called. I did a short check to see if there were any complaints and couldn't find any so I gave them a shot.

A very nice girl answered the phone and together we started the process. She asked several questions on the first phone call my wife and I took mental notes on all that was said. She asked if my wife and I both needed coverage I said yes. Several questions came up first about my wife.

Does she have any medical issues at this time or in the past 24 months? Respones Yes she was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis in 2013. To make this short that disqualified her form coverage as the diagnoses was within 24 months of being insured. She will be covered under insurance for anything else that is not related.

She comes to me and asked. Basically the same line of questions starting with in the past 24 months did you have any medical issues? My response was no but I did have a heart attack in 2006. Next question was are you taking any medication at this time?

My response yes I am taking Metoprol, one asprin and natural vitamins and herbs. I also told her I was not taking any other medication Plavix or Lipator due to the many physical issues they were was causing since 2010. I ask her since I had the heart attack in 2006 was ther any problem with a pre existing condition being so long ago (10 years ago with no recurring issues) At that point she said she will speek with her supervisor to see if that would be an issue. About three minutes she came back on the phone and said no AS THE LENGTH OF TIME WAS WELL PAST THE 24 MONTH PERIOD.

Here is where the Christian ethics begin to fall apart... My wife and I agreed that at $300.00 monthly it was a good alternative to Obahma care. I want to say the person I was speaking with was Shardia. Shardia said it would take about 3 days to be approved and (not sure if now or in three days after approval) took our first monthly payment from our Visa.

She called back and yes we were approved. In fun I asked her if I have another heart attack your sure I am covered. She assured me I was at $1000.00 deductable and up to $1 million max coverage. Make this short to my fricking supprise I had just that another heart attack at the cost of over $70,000+. Yes dollars!!!

About 5 days later I received a phone call from a Philis that The latest incident was not covered due to pre existing condition. Of course i called and got the run around that it in the guidlines that in line 14 that includes any medication you were prescribed is a pre condition. As you can see I explained everything in the previous paragraph that happened in 2006 and the meds I was taking as of the signup. I WAS APPROVED AT THE TIME WITH THE MEDS I WAS TAKING.

I will continue to fight these crooks. Liberty healthshare and Christian should not be on the same page. 888-6904-4337 Tiffiny was the person to call and tell me by phone 5 days after the heart attack I had no coverage. This was never done in writing but over the phone.

Be careful as to these companies as the insurance laws are not the same for these groups. They are deep pockets and use the false name of Christ, Christianaty and our God as a money making machine. I am sure many people have been helped through some of these groups. I swear to our father I am telling the truth.

They want me to appeal my case. I told them everything I had to say and to whom do I appeal Liberty healthshare who called me 5 days after the heart attack to say you have no coverage. Funny after 9 months they ask for my health records and found something they approved over the phone 9 months earlier but now deny coverage.

Scammers let your friends know I know if you call they will say no coment and denai the truth but don't give them your money the coverage is what they decide at the time and cover what they want. Do not get ripped off they are liars

Product or Service Mentioned: Liberty Healthshare Health Insurance.

Preferred solution: Pay the bill as promised at the time of service in Gods name.

Liberty Healthshare Cons: Original sign up was great the outcome was devistating.

Comments

@PissedConsumer1282702

I'm an Insurance agent and have referred clients to LHS so have an interest in this matter. The client states he stopped taking this prescription in 2010.

Had the heart attack in 2016. Also states the lookback period for pre-existing is 24 months.

Please explain why the claim was denied. It would appear the lookback period used for medications is different from the condition itself??

Walter Bordeaux,PFP,CBIA,PFP

Bordeaux & Associates

VA Beach, VA

@PissedConsumer1388605

HI Walter,

I am Angie from the Communications Department at Liberty HealthShare. Without the name of the member and a review of that members history, I could not answer your question.

I can say that our pre-existing condition information can be found in our sharing guidelines which all members have to acknowledge reading before becoming members.

We process all medical bills according to those guidelines. If you have additional questions, feel free to call our office as 1-855-58-Liberty.

@PissedConsumer1397761

So your saying if I have high blood pressure and migraines before I apply for LHS, I will not be covered because its a pre-existing condition?

@PissedConsumer1388605

If he was taking Metropol at the time of enrollment, doesn't that settle it? Are you telling me the Metropol was being taken for something other than a heart-related condition?

Doesn't matter when the heart attack was if you still have reason to believe something is still an issue. The fact that this gentleman was still on Metropol for it shows he did think it was still an issue. This coverage isn't like other plans and insurance. The whole point of the rule is that you can't jump on this coverage if you have a known issue.

Maybe other coverages/plans. But not LHS. He clearly had a known issue. He was taking Metropol for it.

He didn't stop the Metropol in 2010. It was still current. I can see his frustration though if someone gave him wrong information that he'd still be covered for heart-related costs. He shouldn't have been told that.

And he shouldn't have expected to be covered. Unless that conversation with initial gal that enrolled him was recorded, just being fair to LHS, it would be difficult for them to confirm that he was told that. And either way, I'm not sure their rules would let the company pay out, because in the future it would set a precedent that if you call and you DO withhold information from the registration people and change your story later, LHS will end up paying. I'm not saying that's what this guy did.

But LHS can't break their policy and pay-out something the rest of the members have been told they won't pay out.

Sets them up to be suckered. Which would make it collapse in a hurry.

Liberty Healthshare Reviews